If you sell products online, whether it’s a single product or tens of thousands, there are many things you can change on your website that will increase your sales, even if you maintain the same amount of website traffic.
This process is called Conversion Rate Optimization and is a very measurable internet marketing area that you can use to focus a lot of time, helping you sell more products online. Here are 21 tips that you need to consider in order to optimize the way to sell online to sell fast like a profitable online business .
How to sell online so fast
Here we will describe 21 tips for maximizing how to sell online to sell quickly:
- Make sure each product has its own page.
- Show unique descriptions of each product that you sell, do not cut and paste a copy of the manufacturer.
- User reviews will not only give you more unique content for this product but will help encourage other people to turn around the point of purchase.
- Use a simple shopping cart system. The more pages and clicks between clicking “add to basket” and completing payments, the more chance people have to leave their baskets.
- Three weeks after the transaction: email your customer and ask them to leave a review of the product they just bought.
- Give incentives to your clients to leave product reviews on your website with prizes, for example. Win vouchers for the best reviews of the month.
- Use the Crazy Egg analysis to monitor how people consume your sales page: how far they scroll down, what they click, etc.
- Create a product tour or product video review and this will help increase conversion rates because it allows people to really see the product.
- If you run out of stock, then offer to take customer details and call them back when you have available stock.
- Make sure your website processes data quickly. For every second, your page loads – you’ve just lost a target-impatient customer for 3 seconds – 6 seconds or more too slowly. You can monitor the speed of your site through Google Analytics.
- Monitor what people are looking for on your website. You might find a request for a product that you don’t bring or you might find that people misspelled the name of a particular product.
Make sure you have a blog where you talk about various products, discounts, offers, and interesting new products that you will soon prepare.
- If you only accept PayPal as a payment, make sure you test the design of your payment page, do you look trustworthy?
- Offer a money back guarantee.
- Make sure people know who they are buying. Add your street address to the footer and your sales phone number in the upper right corner of each page.
- Looking for a budget shopping basket machine that has lots of bells and whistles? Consider using a well-known platform. Online companies now continue to innovate their shopping platforms to let you concentrate on providing the best products and customer service.
- Check Twitter, Facebook or other social media do people complain, praise or search for your products? Try giving direction, explanation and engaging with them.
- Test your Product page if you send 50% of traffic to a page with a red “add to basket” button and 50% to the same page with a green “add to basket” button – which page sells more products?
- Many customers will come to your site every day, see products, add them to their basket and then don’t check out. See adding tracking code to your website to monitor which products are not active in the basket and create reasons to encourage people to buy, such as reducing prices by only 5%.
- When using Google AdWords to direct customers to your product page, don’t only have one ad version. Instead, make 5, 10 or even 50 versions of the same ad and track, which drives the most sales and then turn off ads that don’t perform well.
- Facebook ads are really good at driving people to your Facebook page but not so good at directing customers to make purchases.
- If you still want to use it, make sure your ad is targeted only to people from the right demographics. Always make sure to include images as part of Facebook ads: Facebook ads display the faces of smiling women converting the best.
Product Page Layout
Don’t be afraid to have too much information about a product on one page. Simply break the text clearly with the title and enter more “buy now” buttons in prominent places as the page increases like how to invest online.
Remember, you want to answer your potential customers’ objections about why they should not buy products at each stage, so that the more information the better. Here are a few things you should consider to place on your product page:
- product image
- Description: make sure it’s unique and not copied from other sources
- Technical specifications
- Expert shop reviews
- User reviews and ratings
- Product video review
- User image
- Download the Manual as a PDF
- List of Pros and Cons: not every item is good for every customer
- Percentage discount: How many products this last month / year
- What is included in the product box: any additions? What tools?
- Warranty / Shipping information and options
- Other customers who also buy
- Related products. If your customers get to the bottom of the page and aren’t sold, try to get them interested in other products before they leave your site.
- Product summary – a small picture with summary info and the current buy button (one last chance to convert it)
- Bulletin registration
- Cut the blog page
- Unrelated product images
- Too much navigation or a list of menu items
Think of your Product page as a giant funnel, you pour customers at the top and hope to get it through your payment page at the bottom. Every time you introduce a distraction, you make a hole in this funnel like the weakness of an online business.
Here are some things that you might think of as good ideas but most likely will reduce your sales by causing disruption: When trying to turn your customers into sales, try to keep these items to a minimum or on the front page of your site, to reduce the amount of interference .
Offer Many Online Payment Options
Most sellers only offer one method as a payment option. The good thing about PayPal is that buyers can also use credit cards to make payments if they want.
Receiving a check or money order can help increase the bid and price of your final purchase, but it can also be a problem. Please remember if you receive a check, to include a disclaimer that there will be a delay in shipping so that you (the seller) can wait for the check to be deleted. This protects you from bad inspection scams.